Conservatories, glazing, replacement windows, doors, soffits, fascias, bargeboards and gutters.
There are a wide range of quality PVCu conservatories and porches available to meet your size and feature requirements.
Are you looking to enjoy your garden view all year round or wanting to increase your living space? Independent surveys showing that a conservatory can increase the value of your property, this investment provides another good reason to add a conservatory to your home.
Building, Maintenance and Construction also offer additional glazing services such as replacement windows, doors, soffits, fascias, bargeboards and gutters.
Conservatory Planning Permission
Under new regulations that came into effect from 1 October 2008 adding a conservatory to your house is considered to be permitted development, not needing an application for planning permission, subject to the limits and conditions.
- No more than half the area of land around the ‘original house’* would be covered by additions or other buildings.
- No extension forward of the principal elevation or side elevation fronting a highway.
- No extension to be higher than the highest part of the roof.
- Single-storey rear extension must not extend beyond the rear wall of the ‘original house’* by more than three metres if an attached house or by four metres if a detached house.
- Maximum height of a single-storey rear extension of four metres.
- Maximum depth of a rear extension of more than one storey of three metres from the rear wall of the ‘original house’* including ground floor.
- Maximum eaves height of an extension within two metres of the boundary of three metres.
- Maximum eaves and ridge height of extension no higher than existing house.
- Side extensions to be single storey with maximum height of four metres and width no more than half that of the original house.
- Roof pitch of extensions higher than one storey to match existing house.
- No verandas, balconies or raised platforms.
- On designated land* no permitted development for rear extensions of more than one storey; no cladding of the exterior; no side extensions.
Please note: the permitted development allowances described here apply to houses not flats, maisonettes or other buildings. View guidance on flats and maisonettes here.
- Replacement Windows
- Front and Back Doors